Sunday, March 22, 2009

Molars & Creepers

Xander has been a little less exhuberant this weekend and we were chalking it up to an unusual schedule & irregular sleep habits over the past few days. He has still been extremely hilarious and entertaining but I could tell something else was going on with him. I started to think that he might be getting an ear infection or something until this afternoon when my mom suggested I check to see if his gums were swollen. I checked and they weren't just swollen...but he had actually already broken through one of his back molars! I couldn't believe it! It was already through and he hadn't even gotten any tylenol or anything. Poor little man had to go through it all on his own.
Later this evening Xander was sleeping and Brandon & I went in to check on him. I was going in to tuck him in and I knew he would be sound asleep because he had been asleep for about 2 1/2 hours. When I leaned over his crib I realized he was staring straight at me! I was shocked because he was not moving or talking or anything! I freaked out and started to back out of the room before he cried for me and then I realized he was actually sleeping with his eyes OPEN! Not like barely squinted open but staring open right at me! Creepers! I went in and checked on him again later and he had rolled over but his eyes were still slitted open a little. It looks very creepy...
BUt he's fine, mom! ;) I checked and he is still breathing. And his affect is much better today, although I have been giving him motrin now that I know he is teething ;)

2 comments:

Stephani said...

Wow, how startling! I've never seen this before. That would totally freak me out. Wow molars already. What a big boy! Love you guys! Thanks for the great updates they're so fun to read. :0)

Lindsey Tyler said...

That is really creepy! I think if I saw Carter like that I would have to make sure he was breathing right away. Scary!