Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fire & Pee

Brandon,Xander and I enjoyed a wonderful day with Aleah today. We had a great lunch at the Elephant Bar (mmm...Sweet Potato Fries) and got in a little more shopping before Aleah had to drive home. We then attended the Saturday night service at our church. Afterwards, we got to stop by and see our friends (Brandon & Abby) new house. Finally, we got home around 8:15 and I decided to make pasta for dinner. While i was boiling the pasta, I reached over the stove to stir the noodles & my arm caught on fire! Seriously! The sleeve of my (Really pretty black sweater that I just decided today that i really love) got charred and my arm was a little sore. Thankfully, I am not actually burnt. Somehow, the fire put itself out but there is a section about the size of a fist on my sleeve that actually caught fire and had flames shooting off of it. Brandon shouted, "Your arm was on fire!" and I responded, "I'm glad you saw that or you never would have believed me when you saw that I was actually not hurt!"
After dinner, I took Xander upstairs for our evening ritual of potty, books & bath. He strips down and sits on his potty while the bath is filling up and we read several books together. Tonight was very exciting, as he finally peed in his potty! It was so cute...he was so shocked and surprised that he was just trying to figure out what was going on and kept trying to grab the pee. Xander was so excited and grinned with his award winning smile when I congratulated him and he enthusiastically clapped for himself. "yeeeeaaaahhh Xander!!!" What a full day!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Wow! Thank the Lord you weren't hurt or that the kitchen didn't catch fire! What a scary thing! Yeah Xander! getting to be such a big boy. It's so nice when we skype and I get to see him. Thanks so much for doing that for us. I get a little "Xander fix" to keep me going. :) Love you guys.

Kim said...

Glad that your weekend with Aleah was fun! She loved it too! Melissa, glad you are ok and so proud of the Xan-Man! You are really wise to start him so early. I did with our 3 and never regretted it.