Monday, March 23, 2009

Lazy Days

Today was a pajama day. Xander and I went to the gym this morning with Brandon and when we got back, Xander took a nap and I got ready for the day- by putting on my comfy clothes! We decided to lay low today because Xander is still teething and just not on his best behavior. He still has a great spirit and is actually very happy, but he has been more fussy than usual and a little more ornery. Actually, a better way to say it is that he has just been more needy. He wants to be held, then he wants down, he wants to play now he wants the a bottle, then he throws it away in the trash, literally just to get a reaction. He stares at me the whole time he is dropping it into the trash with this sly little smug look on his face. So in an effort to relieve any temptations from his life, we stayed in and gave him less to whine about or be distracted by or see things he needs or wants. Yes, it does already start at this age!
So he is down for the night now. We just got back from church. We had training for our spring break missions trip. THings are going really well and we are really looking forward to going to World Impact. This will be our first major event with Big Valley Grace and it will be interesting to see how everything flows together. We are praying for a smooth and uneventful trip, with plenty of opportunities to get to know the students and staff better. It brings back so many wonderful memories of all of our awesome trips with Focal Point. I love looking at our pictures and remembering all the crazy kids (and staff) we have had go on our trips over the years! I am so thankful for my scrapbooks that preserve all those interesting and precious memories for us! (Contact your local Creative Memories consultant on how you TOO can preserve your precious memories) ;) That's a little shot out for my girl, Kim Faires..she rocks the scrapbooking world like none other!

3 comments:

Brandon and Brittany Kelly said...

you mean crapbooking... from me and t... we read it together and agree

Kim said...

Thanks for the shout out Melissa! Looking forward to scrapping with you in a few weeks, eh?! Love and MISS you!

Becki said...

i love pajama days. when it's cloudy outside. And I have nothing else screaming at me to finish. Haha. I wish I could just scrap ALL day without feeling tired or stressed about other things! I wish I could just drive over and scrap with you, right now! Miss you.