Thursday, September 18, 2008

YEAH! My parents are here...




So my parents are finally here and I am very excited.  Xander just loves playing with them. I really believe that he remembers them from the last time he was with them.  They are so good with him and love him so much!
We had a great day. I picked them up in San Jose and then took them to the church where we met Brandon and showed them around.  Then we headed back to our house and they were so amazed! It is fun being in a new place to decorate, now that I have some help! Later on, my Dad and I went to the grocery store and he already knows his way around this town better than I do...how sad!
This evening, Brandon and I went to a new small group and met a lot of new people.  They were all very nice and interested in getting to know us.  We felt a part of the group and very comfortable.  We had a really good time and look forward to hanging out again next week! Gotta get some sleep now- my parents are here and I have to entertain them all day tomorrow! ;) (even though I know all they really want to do is hang out with Xander and watch him do all his amazing tricks!)- he learned most of those from his aunt KK!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad you are having fun with the parents! Yippee! Your dad and I must be the navigators and not you and Brandon. :-)

Keep on having fun and we will see you Saturday early evening.

Mimzy

p.s. I thought I taught Xander all his cool tricks. :-)

Kim said...

Mel, the restaurant said they had "issues" with all the gift cards issued in July. They couldn't access any of them. They were taking everyone's word on what the balances were. It was just kind of awkward because they had done something wrong and made me feel weird. Nothing on your end just the restaurants.