Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our first overnight guest!

Thank you , Kim Faires, for receiving the honor of being our first official house guest! We love you very much and are so blessed to have you be such a great Mimzy to Xander!
I had a great weekend with Kim.  She and Tyler drove down this weekend to see us and then Tyler went on his way to Hume Lake.  He is going to produce videos there, as well as lead worship.  We are so excited for him as he begins this new exciting journey.  I am very proud of him.  He has done a lot of interesting things in his life as he explores the different skills and talents God has given him.  I look forward to seeing what God has planned for his future as he continues to serve the Lord with his gifts.  
Kim and I had a lot of fun exploring this new city I live in, while doing a lot of ordinary, everyday things.  It was actually very comforting to feel like I was still in my old routine. ;) We went to Target and shopped all the little red tags: we love those clearance items...always looking for  a great deal! And we found A LOT! Closet organizers, shoes, books and even an ironing board to name a few (yes- i have been married over 7 years and still did not own a real ironing board!) Then we headed over to Costco to see what great deals they had to offer, and of course we had to grab a coke while we were there! Afterwards, we took Xander to the mall to walk around and check out all the new stores. so fun!
Xander just woke up for a few minutes and I had to change him so when I picked him up to put him back to bed he just grabbed onto my neck and gave me the best hug ever.  I let him linger there for ten minutes longer than I should have but figured- these are moments in time I will never get back.  It was so precious.  He snuggled into my neck and twirled my hair in his fingers.  So sweet! He is such a loving boy! I just can't seem to spend enough time with him each day.  I just miss him so much every time he sleep...wake up baby xander! wake up! 

2 comments:

Kim said...

Your new home is beautiful. You have gotten so much done in less than a week AND you have a 7 month old! I loved getting the chance to see your church as well and the big group of high school students you are going to get to minister to.

Thanks for letting me be Mimzy and sharing Xander so graciously. I need to get a more gas efficient car so that it can be a good value and we can spend more money shopping. :-)

Love you all.
Mimzy

Lauren said...

sounds like you guys are enjoying your new adventure!