Thursday, September 25, 2008

psycho scary repair man

Today I had a scary confrontation with a very unbalanced repair man.  Our air conditioner broke yesterday and in the Modesto heat, that just isn't gonna work for long so our landlord asked us to get 3 quotes to fix it.  Well, we had one very nice guy come out and cleaned the unit for us, talked with Xander and I, and gave us a very solid quote.  He was very kind and we chatted over glasses of ice cold water...and then the nuclear bomb of the century hit out of nowhere.  The next man that was supposed to give us a quote showed up and saw that there was another guy at the house and totally freaked out.  He started screaming at me that he just wasted his gas and that we were gonna have to pay him or he was going to take us to collections.  OUT OF NOWHERE! He didn't even take a moment to talk, he just started screaming at me, while I am holding Xander on my hip in the doorway.  I gently explained to him that our landlord wanted a quote (and she would have paid for his service call anyway) but he wouldn't even listen to me.  He just flipped out and wrote a bill and threw it at me.  I asked him to at least give us a quote, since that is what he was hired to do and he said he wasn't going to waste his time but if we didn't pay he was going to send it to the credit agency.  I don't know what he was on, but he was seriously out of his mind.  I was literally scared.  I called Brandon and asked him to come home right away because I didn't know what this guy was going to do.  Seriously, I think he lost his mind somewhere because he was out of control.  Too bad I don't have any pics to post of the situation.  That woulda been funny.  If I was like, "say cheese- this is for my blog..." hahaha! Now I kinda wish i had done that... 

2 comments:

Kim said...

That is scary and creepy. I hope you called someone to report that. Was it his own business? Glad that you are OK and sorry you didn't take his pic. Might have pushed him inot doing something really psycho though.

pedronegro said...

i would be thankful that the first repair man was still there and you weren't by yourself. man that is a riot!