Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Get ready world...

Here he comes! Xander is desperately trying to stand and walk! I swear this kid is so intellegent it is almost scary.  He actually practices his skills! Seriously.  Like the other day he was playing in the bath tub and he discovered that he could pull himself up by holding onto the side of the tub.  So then he repeatedly would grab onto the side, struggle and grunt to pull himself, slipping and sliding, into a standing position, stand there for a few minutes and grin at me, before he scooted his legs back, stuck his little ba-donk-a-donk out as far as he could and then intentionally let go of the side and with a face full of fear/pride/wonderment, he would let himself splash down into the water...then repeat! He must have done that about ten times in a row! 
And then the stairs...oh the stairs! He crawls over to the stairs, while he glances me a few looks over his shoulder to make sure I am watching...and then precariously wobbles onto the first step...and then a huge beam comes across his face as he quickly scans the room to see my reaction.  And then he scootches and stretches to reach the next step and grunts to pull himself up the next one, followed of course by another quick glance to survey his audience.  He has only climbed as far as the fourth step, but he is learning quickly...and we haven't yet mastered the downward spiral yet.  It is still more of a tumble down to the bottom before he starts the uphill climb again.
He is keeping me very busy but is such a bundle of joy! I love him so much and am so grateful for the time I get to have at home with him each day.  He is so full of life and can bring a smile to anyone's face...and he does!  He knows no strangers and has opened many conversations for me in all social situations (like I needed any help!) ;)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hope he waits to walk until your mom and dad get here in a few weeks. Xander is a very considerate child and waited to make his entrance until your mom arrived....I'm sure he can wait on the walking until their next trip. But hey, practice makes perfect!

You will enjoy having these thoughts written down in later years. Take it from someone who knows.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're blogging :) Love hearing about you and baby X.

Mimi said...

Yes, he better wait until we get there and NOT until after we leave like he did with crawling! I still haven't seen him crawl :(. I can't wait to get there to see him and your house and meet your "new people". I will, however, miss seeing my friends from Redding :(
Hang on, Xander, Mimi and Gp are coming in 12 days!