Friday, October 17, 2008

What more could you expect from the Hendriks'?


I woke up this morning to hear Brandon hollaring for me from downstairs.  I knew he had Xander, so i jumped up real quickly and hurried downstairs to see what was the problem.  "I think I hurt myself real bad, " he told me as I came down the stairs.  He had his hand over the right side of his face so I couldn't see anything.  "My eye hurts very bad," he explained.  I was a little bit freaking out because I thought he had actually punctured his eyeball!  Evidently, he was playing with Xander and when he popped up over the counter to play peek-a-boo, his face collided with the edge of the counter and busted his eyebrow open.  I had to play nurse and bandage him up with my awesome skills.  All the while,  Xander was perfectly fine and content discovering the toilet paper roll!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Awww man!....a broken toe and now a broken brow!
Never a dull moment with the Hendriks!

Kim said...

Poor Brandon! This fatherhood stuff is hard on a guy isn't it? Glad that Mel was a good nurse though and that you had butterfly bandages there! Be careful!!!!

Love you!

Lauren said...

1520 se 29th ave
portland or 97214

Anonymous said...

I really do feel sorry for Bran but these pictures are so HIM! He looks pathetic. I am not doubting for a second that his eye really hurts...but his face in the photos are his typical "Brandon just got hurt" face. Needless to say, you're a great wife to be sympathetic. I love you all.

Truefan said...

Was missing you Brandon so thought I would check out your blog - and there is Brandon with the 'mean' face. I've never seen the mean face before. Still remember the 'happy-Christmas-on-the-lift' face. Heal well. Hi Melissa!