Tuesday, October 28, 2008

He melts my heart!





Seriously.  when your kid says your name for the first time, your heart literally turns to mush inside your rib cage. i could feel it just so full of love i think it exploded inside my body!  last friday xander started saying "mama" to me to get my attention and now he says it all day long! nonstop- in the night, when he wakes up, when i am not feeding him fast enough at dinners, when we are playing, in the car...it is so much fun! i love it. i was starting to feel guilty and a little bad for brandon, but no worries. xander started saying "dada" on monday so we are even.  now it is "dada" that he says in the middle of the night.  HOORAY! brandon gets to take the night shift because xander obviously wants his dad ;) this is so much fun! i love that he is growing up and learning new things.  he is just discovering the world so quickly.  i can literally watch him trying to speak and say new words as he concentrates on the shape of his mouth and the articulation of his tongue.  it is amazing to think how difficult that must be.  and once he learns a new word, he just keeps saying it over and over again all day as if to practice the new mouth form.  so cute! i am so proud of him.  can't wait for you guys to all hear him! ;)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

He's getting so big! I can't believe it and I can't believe he's talking too! I don't think we'll be here on Halloween, we're going to Chico that afternoon. When are you planning your next trip up? Oh, what is Xander dressing up as? I'm sure it will be adorable.

Kim said...

Hey, you might be mistaken on the mama thing. Your mom said he is saying mimi Ü

Seriously I'm sure he will be saying Mimzy before the weekend is out!

Love ALL the pics! I couldn't love him more.