Sunday, November 21, 2010

In the Silence...

What do I do? Kristen was here for the weekend with her boyfriend, Ryan & his friend, Dave. It was a fun, chaotic weekend with a houseful of fun! We learned a very fun new game, got addicted & played way too much...even when we should have been tending to other responsibilities. Oops! The children were cared for, loved upon & included in the game time...everyone was happy so everyone wins! (messy house but who cares? that will still be here tomorrow!) Kristen & Ryan took Xander back to Redding for a few days. Xander is having a sleepover with his Aunt Kk. He keeps telling me all about the little trip he is going to take with his Aunt Kk & Ryan. He is so excited...especially since he got to sit in the front seat of Ryan's truck! What a treat.
Brandon is at youth group tonight. We are doing a youth event with the high school students delivering Turkey Dinners to families in need. I really wish I could be there but right now I am focusing on keeping my family happy & healthy. This morning I noticed that Uzziah was sounding a little stuffy. He was breathing heavy & he was getting a little snotty (literally...not in attitude. that will come in a few years) So I decided to keep Uzziah home for the evening so that he would not get sick before the holidays. And I think he appreciates the little breathe of rest & quiet as well. He is all worn out from screaming last night...probably screamed about 45 min long at least 4 different times last night (oops! no more spicy mango habanero hot wings for me while I am nursing...sorry, Uzziah!)
So I sit in a living room cluttered with toys, and couches overflowing with laundry (did I mention Xander explored Kristen's make-up bag this weekend?) and I think about all the wonderful projects that could be accomplished while Uzziah naps. Yep! that sounds good to me- a nap! Good Night!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! Isn't having company the best? Glad you have your sis closer by. I know you are looking forward to everyone coming for Christmas too. Love you lots!

Kim said...

p.s. Hope Uzziah feels better too :-)