Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Austal-yer highlights

We have been having an awesome time here thus far. Some of the highlights of our trip are:
-Xander fell asleep on the plane before we took off & slept until 9 am- for a whopping total of 10 hours! He slpet on our laps & then when he tried to roll over got a little crabby since it was not super comfy so we made a little bed on the floor under our chairs...he loved that!
-Everyone is so cute when they speak...I just love it & have to keep myself from giggling ;) They all drop their "r's" to make that cute little drawl, but then oddly enough they add an "ar" at the end of many of their words...like they say they live in asutraliar (pronounced austral-yer) or they will add it to peolple's names like Amanda is amand-er...
-I got to attend 2 incredible worship services at Hillsong the very first day we were here. Brandon and I attended their chapel service which was awesome and then Tiff and I got to attend a woman's conference at Hillsong that night which was also incredible!
-Mmm...we just enjoyed some yummy Krispy Kreme doughnuts! My favorite!!! Could this country get any better?!?
-We enjoyed some fantastic "kanga steaks" last night...they were very good, but definitely wierd to think about eating kangaroo!
-Being the brunt of all the jokes...everything is the American's fault!
-Traditional meat pies downtown...I have been told it's comparable to the popularity of hot dogs in New York City...kinda tastes like beef stroganoff in a yummy pastry crust
-Mmm...milk tea- so yummy but so hard to describe (nothing like you think it is...i promise)
-Heading into Sydney today...pics to come!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Loved your update. Keep them coming. I had a dream the other night that your mom and I were having babies. CRAZY!