Sunday, August 10, 2008

$14.23

As always, my Sunday mornings start out a bit rushed! It is a bit difficult to get myself and Xander fed, bathed, dressed and out the door by 10:15 am.  This rarely happens on time, because inevitably there is some sort of untimely issue that always manages to save itself until the moment I am trying to load up the car!  Plus, Xander always decides he wants to take a nap about 20 minutes before it is time to leave...which also tends to complicates things.  Why can't he wait until we get to church to take his nap? Today, Xander decided to practice utilizing the full range of his vocal cords during the sermon.  Up and down, loud and louder...he has quite a joyful little spirit! Finally Aleah decided to take him outside to walk and play with him until it was over.  And THEN he decided to fall asleep!!!  We enjoyed a nice lunch at Yuet Bistro and then Aleah and I met Jill at Khols to get in a little shopping.  I found some great jeans and adorable sunglasses...on sale, of course!  Afterwards, we were feeling a little tired (Shopping can really wear a girl out!) so we headed over to Dutch Bros to visit Chelsea and enjoy some cold drinks.  I got my favorite- blended Chai tea, again.  Later we got to hang out with the Barnes and the Faires' for Sunday Night Family Dinner and watched a little of the Olympics.  I feel a great sense of accomplishment when i can look back on my activities and realize I had a very full day- all for the low cost of $14.23!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad I could share in your special Sunday. I enjoy our time together! I can't wait to be twins :) I am really glad you're blogging. Its fun to read about your day, even if I know the middle of it. Love you.

Kim said...

Your blog was great! And your day sounded eventful and full of good values which I can appreciate! Sorry I let Xan-man exercise his lungs during church. I didn't think he was being obnoxious, just adorable!