Thursday, November 13, 2008

A hard day for Xander

Today was probably the worst day of my life.  literally.  It started out pretty good.  I painted pottery with one of the women from our church.  That was really nice.  It was fun to be creative and just relax without an agenda or a to-do list.  Later I met one of the girls from my small group for lunch.  Again, very nice to talk with someone and hang out.  In the late afternoon, Xander and I took a walk with Brandon around our neighborhood and took the chance to talk and catch up on life.  That was a very nice treat.  




Then we fed Xander and headed over to a new couple's house for dinner.  They are a nice young married couple that we just found out actually has the same anniversary as us.  How random! We ate dinner and watched the Office! What more could you ask for in a day? So why was it so horrible, you might ask? Well, I will tell you.  When we arrived for dinner, we spent a few moments greeting each other and talking about our day.  We then headed into the kitchen to help finish preparing dinner.  We talked some more until Xander wanted to get down to play with their dog.  It was cute for about ten seconds until their dog started growling and barking at Xander!!! It was so horrible.  We all freaked out, of course.  We screamed and lunged at the two of them. They were right at our feet but I couldn't seem to get to them fast enough!  They had to grab their dog off while we rescued Xander.  Xander was already crying uncontrollably and I figured he was just scared from the sudden barking and our screams.   I held him and soothed him until he had started to calm down, but he was still crying A LOT, especially for Xander.  So after we closely examined him, we found that the dog had actually bitten him on his arm.

 It was so awful.  I just felt so sick.  He was hurting and crying and actually had teeth marks on his arm!  They felt terrible too, of course.  It wasn't their fault.  I know Xander is used to playing with Malachi so he is not scared of dogs.  I am sure their dog was just intimidated by Xander.  But it still sucks.  I am so sad for him.  Ugggghhh! Poor Baby! I think I need to get him a sick present, right?  

3 comments:

Kim said...

That is horrible. Kind of freaked me out just to read it. Yikes! Yes, he definitely needs a sick present.

His hat is really cute though.

Give him a kiss from Mimzy. I hope this doesn't freak him out about all dogs now.

Jessica said...

That is a bad bite!!!! Poor baby!

(I have a suggestion for what to do with the dog)

Brandon and Brittany Kelly said...

you need to get him a boo boo present which a lot bigger and better than a sick present